Cookies: Ce site utilise des cookies et des services tiers pour la mesure de son audience. Sa consultation nécessite votre consentement.
Immersive 5-side CAVE with whole-body tracking and two haptic arms
More about this platform
VIKI (Virtual Interactive Kubic Interface) is a 5-screen (3 walls, floor and ceiling) 19 cubic meters immersive environment with high-resolution laser retro-projection, for a total of 34 square meters of display space. The platform features a 3D optical motion tracking system and two 6D force feedback devices on a motorized platform to interact in the entire space.
- Display: 5-sided (3 walls, floor and ceiling) CAVE
- Size: 3m20 x 2m, height: 2m95
- Resolution: 6 Full-HD (WUXGA) 3D projectors (Digital Projection HIGHlite Laser 11K lumens): 13,8240,000 pixels, pitch: 1.54mm
- Cluster: 8-PC cluster (1 per projector, 1 master, 1 front-end), HP Z800 with NVidia K6000 GPU plus 7 synchronization cards
- Motion tracking: 8-camera ART 3D tracking system (ARTTRACK 5 and 5C) with head and whole body tracking and flysticks
- Haptics: 2 Haption Virtuose 6D arms (with a gripper), mounted on a SCALE-1 motorized platform
- Node manager: Thibaut Lainé (CEA)
- Project coordinators: Laurent Chodorge (CEA)
- Phone number: +33 1 69 08 19 75
- Installed by: Immersion
- Operational since: January 2016
Building 660 (Digiteo - Claude Shannon) - Université Paris-Sud, Orsay